About this guide
Mention Me can automatically send your customers' Extended Customer Revenue (ECR) data to your Klaviyo account. ECR is only calculated for your customers who have made a successful referral.
This data is scheduled to be sent on a weekly basis and will only send ECR data for customers whose ECR has changed from the previous week.
In this guide, you will learn how to import all your customers' ECR data into Klaviyo as a one-off before Mention Me sends the weekly updates.
Steps to Import ECR Data
- Download ECR Data from the Mention Me Platform
- Create a CSV file for Klaviyo
- Upload your CSV file to Klaviyo
Download ECR Data from Mention Me
The first step in uploading full ECR data to Klaviyo is to download the extract from the Mention Me Platform.
- Login to the Mention Me Platform and navigate to the Customer Revenue page in the Advocacy Intelligence section
- Click the Download customer segments button (If you cannot see the Download customer segments button, reach out to your CSM for help)
- Select all segments and click Generate.
This will generate a CSV file of all your customers with ECR segments which will take up to 15min to be created. You will be sent an email to let you know when it is ready.
- Click on the link in the email to download the CSV file (You might be required to log in again to the Mention Me platform)
You can find the file by going to Settings -> Secure file transfer
Create a CSV file for Klaviyo
Next, you will need to format the ECR CSV file in a way that Klaviyo can import. Use any spreadsheet tool to open your file that has been downloaded, like Excel or Google Sheets.
- Open the CSV file downloaded from Mention Me
- Remove the first 3 rows so that only the headers remain
- Remove the following columns as they are not needed by Klaviyo:
- Individual Revenue
- Revenue Referred
- Friends Ecr Value
- Report Currency Code
- First Name
- Rename the following columns:
- Email address -> Email
- Activity Status -> Mention Me ECR Activity
- Ecr Segment -> Mention Me ECR Status
Note: Please ensure that the column names are case sensitive, so they have to be exact otherwise it will cause duplicates in Klaviyo
- Move the email column to the first column. Your CSV file should now look like this:
- Save your CSV file
Upload your CSV to Klaviyo
For more info on how to import customer profile data into Klaviyo, click here
Now you can upload your CSV file to Klaviyo by following the steps below:
- Navigate to Audience > Lists & Segments in Klaviyo
- Click Create List / Segment, then choose List to create a new list called ECR import
- Click Upload Contacts
- Click Upload and select the CSV file you created
- As the Mention Me ECR fields do not exist you will need to click Create New Field
- Select the default name and data type of text for each new field
Repeat steps 6 & 7 for each Mention Me ECR field
- Your mapped fields should look like this, Click Next
- Select No, import without updating subscription status and Click Import
- Your import is now complete!
All your customers who have made a successful referral will have an ECR segment and activity against their customer profile in Klaviyo.
Next time Mention Me's automatic ECR export runs, it will only update your customers whose ECR activity/status has changed.