About this guide
In order to get ECR Data into Ometria, you would need to import the data on a weekly basis to ensure that any changes are reflected.
Note: The automatic syncing of ECR data to Ometria is not supported at this time.
In this guide, you will learn how to import all your customers' ECR data into Ometria
Steps to Import ECR Data
- Download ECR Data from the Mention Me Platform
- Create the ECR custom fields in Ometria (if not already there)
- Create a CSV file for Ometria
- Upload your CSV file to Ometria
Download ECR Data from Mention Me
The first step in uploading full ECR data to Ometria is to download the extract from the Mention Me Platform.
- Login to the Mention Me Platform and navigate to the Customer Revenue page in the Advocacy Intelligence section
- Click the Download customer segments button (If you cannot see the Download customer segments button, reach out to your CSM for help)
- Select all segments and click Generate.
This will generate a CSV file of all your customers with ECR segments which will take up to 15min to be created. You will be sent an email to let you know when it is ready.
- Click on the link in the email to download the CSV file (You might be required to log in again to the Mention Me platform)
You can find the file by going to Settings -> Secure file transfer
Create a CSV file for Ometria
Next, you will need to format the ECR CSV file in a way that Ometria can import. Use any spreadsheet tool to open your file that has been downloaded, like Excel or Google Sheets.
- Open the CSV file downloaded from Mention Me
- Remove the first 3 rows so that only the headers remain
- Remove the following columns as they are not needed by Ometria:
- Individual Revenue
- Revenue Referred
- Friends Ecr Value
- Report Currency Code
- First Name
- Rename the following columns:
- Email address -> email
- Activity Status -> properties.mention_me_ecr_activity
- Ecr Segment -> properties.mention_me_ecr_status
Note: Please ensure that the column names are case sensitive, so they have to be exact otherwise it will cause duplicates in Ometria
- Move the email column to the first column. Your CSV file should now look like this:
- Save your CSV file
Create ECR custom fields in Ometria
Before you can import the ECR Data into Ometria, you would need to create some custom fields against the properties of the contact.
This only needs to happen for the first time you import the ECR data. For any subsequent imports you do, you can skip directly to Upload your CSV to Ometria
For more info on how to create custom fields in Ometria, click here
Custom fields to be created:
|Mention Me ECR activity
|Mention Me ECR status
Upload your CSV to Ometria
For more info on how to import customer profile data into Ometria, click here
Now you can upload your CSV file to Ometria by following the steps below:
- Navigate to your Account Name > Contact upload in Ometria
- Click Select CSV File and select the CSV file you created
- Select No to add contacts to a segment
- Leave the Merge Mode option ticked (having this on, will only update the specific fields in the CSV, no other Ometria data will be changed)
- Select Unchanged, for the Email and Subscription mode
Important: This will leave the opt-in status of the customer as it is in Ometria
- Confirm both Data Privacy checkboxes
- Press Upload to start the process and the data will start to be imported. It could take up to 24 hours process (Ometria will send you an email once it is done)
- Your import is now complete!
All your customers who have made a successful referral will have an ECR segment and activity against their customer profile in Ometria.