There could be reasons why a referrer doesn't receive their reward when a friend makes a purchase. Here are a couple of main scenarios:
Scenario 1: If the person who made the purchase didn’t follow the link or enter the referrer's name correctly, you'll need to connect their accounts afterwards.
Before you do this, check the referrer's and referee's accounts are validated.
- See if the referrer has an active account on the platform. If not, you'll have to manually register or enrol the referrer.
- Collect the referee's name and email from the referrer.
- If the details match, link the accounts using the 'add friend' feature to issue rewards.
Scenario 2: The referee used different emails to claim the offer and make the purchase. Follow the steps for how to manually confirm a purchase.
Scenario 3: Delay in issuing the reward due to a time delay. Check the customer activity log for referrer or referee in a grace period.
Other support articles you may be interested in:
- How to fulfil rewards
- How to confirm a customer has purchased
- How to search for a customer, add a customer, and link two customers