Step 1 – Sign the contract amendment
This is only applicable in some cases. We’ll let you know if it applies to you.
Step 2 – Create an API key for Mention Me
- Log in to Klaviyo as an Admin
- Click Your Klaviyo Account-> Settings -> Settings -> API Keys
- Create a Private API Key for Mention Me
- Ensure that you create a 'Full Access Key' so that your Mention Me x Klaviyo integration has all of the required permissions to work.
- Save these credentials as text in a PDF (so you can upload them to Mention Me)
- Note: If you have multiple Klaviyo Accounts, please create an API key for each account
- You will also need to provide the corresponding list name and list id
Step 3 – Create an email list you would like the consents captured by Mention Me added to
You can choose to capture customer opt-in consent as part of your Mention Me customer journey, and then these are sent directly to Klaviyo without the need to download CSV files. These opt-ins can added to a Newsletter list in Klaviyo as part of the Mention Me integration.
- You can either use an existing Newsletter list or create a new one specific to Mention Me.
Whenever a contact is added to the relevant newsletter list, the $source will be shown as Mention Me
Note: If your list has Double opt-in enabled, then the contact will only be added to the list once the customer has confirmed the opt-in
Step 4 – Send the API key and the corresponding list name and list ID securely to Mention Me
- Login to the Mention Me platform
- Navigate to the Secure file transfer option under the Settings tab
- Click Upload secure file, then upload the file containing your API key to the secure area
- Email your Mention Me Client Success Manager to let them know you’ve uploaded this information.
That’s it! We’ll let you know your setup is complete. Mention Me data will start syncing to your Klaviyo account right away.