None of our cookies are privacy invading or used to track customer behaviour across sites.
You (our clients) typically operate Cookie Management Platforms which you use to manage cookie consent banners and consumer opt in to specific categories. The challenge is that depending on how you choose to categorise our cookies you may inadvertently block our tags from working unless the consumers opt in.
If your own cookie policies mean you have to mark some or all of our cookies as anything less than Essential (e.g. "Functional" or "Marketing") then our tags won't work for all customers and you won't be able to fully track referrals or make sure that everyone who deserves a reward for their referrals is given one. Perversely a cookie that is used for a very benign purpose (like improving UX) can result in a large proportion of customers not seeing your referral programme.
Because of this, we give you the ability to opt out of some or all of our cookies (with some modest functional trade offs). So if you prefer to offer a cookie-less experience to your customers or intend to classify our cookies as anything other than Essential, just let us know and we can ensure your preference is configured and no cookies are dropped.
This means that you can qualify Mention Me's tags as not requiring a cookie consent banner prior to serving as this, hence delivering the best possible customer experience to your customers using the referral programme.
The cookies we can drop and the reasons we choose to do so are:
- mm_id -This is our Mention Me ID which serves to identify any unique browser using our flow. This is used to control fraudulent use of the referral programme by allowing us to link up referrals by the same customer. This is strictly necessary for the provision of service under PECR 6(4)(b).
mm_allocation -Manages the consistency of offers shown during AB testing. You can opt out of this cookie. If you do, there will be a minor impact on AB testing - a small minority of customers might be able to choose which variation of an AB test they are in.
- mm_overlay_suppressed -Used to suppress a corner peel promotion if the ‘x’ is clicked. If we ask you to close a corner peel we have to use this cookie to store your preference. Without it, we will show the corner peel to customers again if they refresh the page.
- mm_conversion_message_suppressed -Used to suppress the conversion message if the `x` is clicked. If we ask you to close a conversion message we have to use this cookie to store your preference. Without it, we will show the conversion message to customers again. You can opt out of this cookie. If you do, users who close the conversion message will see it again when the page refreshes.
- mm_offer_frequency -Used to keep track of how many times a user sees an offer on a page. It means that an offer is only shown in moderation. You can opt out of this cookie. If you do, you will be unable to use the “frequency capping” option.
- Google Analytics -We use Google Analytics to track and report on the performance of the customer journey in aggregate - used for audience tracking and aggregate performance statistics (for Mention Me). You can opt out of using Google Analytics, meaning none of the Google cookies would be dropped.