Sometimes, you might need to check a referral status for a customer. It's best to begin by searching for the details of the new customer (Referee). Only successful referrals will show up on the existing customer's (Referrer) account.
To check referral status:
1. Access the Customers section in the platform.
2. Search for the new customer (Referee) using their name, email, customer ID, or share link. Click on the customer's link to open their account.
3. Within a user's account, there are three areas to check for status updates:
a) Activity Timeline:
- This section displays the user's recent activities in chronological order, showing the latest to the oldest actions. It includes details on referrals made or received, shared offers, current enrolment, and whether rewards have been received or not.
b) Confirm a purchase
- Check if the customer has become a paying customer through the 'Actions' menu. If the 'Confirm purchase' button is visible, it means Mention Me hasn't identified the customer's purchase. This might occur if the purchasing email differs from the one used during sign-up. If you're certain the correct email was used, this could signal a data issue with your Mention Me integration. Consider investigating this with our tech team. For more information click here.
There are two reasons for needing approval:
Reward Approval: This usually runs automatically, but you can manually authorise a customer's reward from the rewards section if you know they deserve it.
- Gaming Suspicions: Gaming approval is never automatic. This occurs when a customer is suspected of manipulating the referral program. You'll need to approve if the customer should receive the reward. Review the reasons given for the denial in such cases. For more information click here.
Other support articles you may be interested in: